PAGES

Keeping positive when you get a negative

Tuesday, 3 September 2013

When your not trying for a baby it seems like all it takes is that one time to forget your contraception and bam your pregnant! When your trying and you've done all the right things on the right days you convince yourself that you must be. You feel nauseous, exhausted, your boobs are sore and your cramping. Your five days late on your period for Christ sake!

But what if its all in your head? What if that extra weight is well, extra weight? What if your test comes back negative?..You convince yourself its wrong of course! Maybe you tested too early? So you spend another £11 to see that negative all over again. Then the emptiness kicks in. You were sure this month was your month. You wonder how many more times you can actually go through this.

I feel grateful that I've already been blessed with pregnancy, and Rio. My OH knows people that tried for ten years before they conceived. People who have spent 30k trying. How do you keep hope for that long?

By staying positive that's how!!

Negativity is stress and stress can affect fertility. Just enjoy practising, because when I look at Rio I always think 'practice really does make perfect'.

We'd love another baby, id love to be pregnant again, complete our little family. But I'm just taking each day (or month in our case) as it comes. Because if I know anything, its that it will be more and worth the wait!

16 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will happen soon for you! As you say, Rio is such a cutie and it will be so worth it when he is sweet big brother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant wait to watch them together :) theres nothing more than me and Craig love than watching him interact with other kids..its too cute!

      Delete
  2. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. I know it can be very frustrating waiting and a bit all encompassing but like you say it does help to focus on all that you do have :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! Exactly..if it happens it happens if it doesn't it doesn't because we're already blessed with Rio so we really cant complain x

      Delete
  3. We are wanting another baby but are just seeing what happens it will happen when the time is right and like you say we have to create perfection again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh good luck :) new ttc buddy..imagine if we had them close in age again? X

      Delete
  4. Lovely post, everything will work out in perfect timing :) so nice to see you being so positive though thats inspirational for others too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you've got to be else you get to wrapped up in all the negatives!x

      Delete
  5. I think you have a really healthy attitude. I did a test recently and was dissapointed for the negative even though we aren't ttc really. Fingers crossed it's your turn soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I think the negative tests make you realise that you actually want it.

      Delete
  6. Awww lovely post :)
    I always wonder how people get through years of IVF, especially with the cost involved. A friend of mine recently had one last go at it after 15 years of trying, coz her family had a fundraising event to raise the money - they're waiting to find out if it worked but can't afford another attempt *fingers crossed*


    Hayley
    Sparkles & Stretchmarks - UK Based parenting blog
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh fingers crossed for your friend! We recently heard about a family conceiving twins on their last attempt! Such miracles can happen :)

      Delete
  7. What a lovely post. You're so right... People who don't want kids seem to get pregnant so easily while others try for so long without luck. But like you say, it really is worth the wait ;) Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Thank you for stopping over x

      Delete
  8. Lovely post, everything will turn out perfect in the end and if its not perfect then its not the end!! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments & try to reply to all of them!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger