PAGES

Niall update - 10 weeks!

Monday, 15 September 2014

So I think my last update was when he was 6 weeks old so I will start from there. That week saw the return of my monthly visitor, and I have not missed her at all! Two and a half weeks later she turned up again..doesn't that defeat the point of a monthly visitor? Grrr. Anyway..at this point Niall's night feeds were so close together it was like they were merging into one. In my sleepy state I sometimes couldn't tell if he was stirring awake, or still stirring himself back to sleep. We switched him onto hungry baby milk in the hope that it would make him go slightly longer, just long enough for me to actually sleep but for a while it didn't..this week we saw an improvement and he would go 3 hours in the night. I don't want to jinx anything but for the last two nights he has gone 6 hours before his first feed. That could be down to his body needing to sleep off this cold though. Yep, little Niall has his first cold. It breaks my heart to hear him so snuffly and for the first day he cried properly for the first time..even let out a few tears :( but we're on day three now, and although he is still snuffly..he's back to his happy little self.




In the space between blog updates he also had his injections, his 6 week check up and his 8-12 weeks development check up . All of them went fine :) and the health visitor was full of praise for me and Craig as usual. Not just for Niall but for Rio too. We're so lucky as I know a lot of them are portrayed more as 'interference officers', but mine is lovely and I feel I can really turn to her and ask her anything, no matter how silly it sounds in my head! There was no judgement by her or my GP about me stopping combination feeding. They both understood that my milk really wasn't doing anything to fill him.

The last time we got Niall weighed was at 8 weeks and he was 13lb13oz, he was also 61cm long. He is now in upto 3 month clothes where before I think I put that he had just gone into upto1 month. Well that didn't last long, so all the clothes that I rushed out to buy in that inbetween size either didn't get any wear, or much at all. Ooops. Good job it was on Craigs card not mine ;)

I'll give you a little Rio update too while I've found the time to type away. Rio is now back into the habit of counting to ten. As he learnt all of his colours and some shapes he lost interest in that and would miss 4 out etc but we are back on track :) I've lost count of how long we have been without a pushchair but I want to say its been at least 5/6 months? His favourite song at the moment is "let it go" and he will often just burst into song. If we are out driving and it comes on the radio it is so cute to look in the rear view mirror and see him secretly bopping and singing away.


This month also saw us attempt potty training as he is showing every sign. But he isn't ready. When he was younger he used to get constipated sat down so he learnt to poo standing up and I think now he is scared to sit on the potty. We put his underpants on and he literally held himself from 8am til 5pm.. at that point he had another drink and hid behind the sofa and weed on the floor because he couldn't hold it any longer. I praised him for weeing without a pullup on anyway, and told him maybe next time we could make it to the potty/toilet..that would be even better! But he was so upset with himself he kept saying sorry mummy sorry, and was dancing around so I put a pullup on and he filled it right up! He then apologised again and it broke my heart. I don't care if he is nearly 2 1/2, he is NOT ready and I will not force him for the thoughts of others!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous family! You look like you are doing so great with two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm actually really enjoying it! Hope your okay..x

      Delete

I love reading your comments & try to reply to all of them!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger