PAGES

First impressions: Tomy Be Baby Starlight Dreamshow Yellow

Tuesday, 17 September 2013

In the baby world Tomy is a well known name! So when I received an email asking me if I would like to choose something from the Chemist Direct website I jumped at chance to try out the Tomy starlight. I've wanted something like this for so long and seems as though Rio slept through from 11 weeks I just never got around to it.

However he's recently started waking in the night again so ideally I would like to find something to help sooth him back off rather than him become dependant on a bottle and this seemed like the perfect thing. Yep I'm definitely  going to try and nip that one in the bud.

The Tomy Be Baby Starlight Dreamshow Yellow* is a dream show that projects little images onto your ceiling while soothing your baby to sleep. It has three different lullabies and can either be attached to the cot or used freestanding.

As Rio went into his toddler bed early (due to him being a little monkey and climbing out) we went for free standing.

My first impressions are that it is so easy to use. (even I didn't have to get the manual out on this one). I love that it has different time options so you can choose the length you want it to play, ideal if your baby is just stirring and you want to lull them back into a deep sleep. The projections are cute and vibrant without being too much..they grabbed Rio's attention straight away! And along with the lullabies they helped him realise it was bedtime, and he asked me for a "boc boc". Result!!


The only downside that I am aware of (other than it needing four batteries?) is that the music is quite loud so once the initial awe had worn off, it stimulated Rio rather than soothed him..and he proceeded to get out of bed and fetch it to me, showing off his 'new toy'.

I'm going to keep at it a while longer seems as though he associated it with bedtime straight away, and will let you know how I get on. I do love the concept so hopefully this will be the answer! I think if used from a younger age it would also have a better effect and create an additional relaxation and self settling element to a bedtime routine. We're currently trying for baby number two so you never know. I might just get to test that theory!

*This product was sent free of charge for review. The opinions and content are however 100%  honest and my own.

5 comments:

  1. Ralph has had this since he was around 6 months old! He still loves it now. If Arthur stirs in the night and it wakes Ralph, he just pops his 'music', as he calls it, back on and goes straight back to sleep :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the exact affect I want it to have on Rio!! 'Oooh I've woke up, I just need the dreamlight' xx

      Delete
  2. I love how retro this looks, and the projection is really quite impressive! I assumed it would be quite dim, but not at all!

    Kate x
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures don't do the projection justice at all. Its different isn't it, I know their quite old though (2006-8 ish I think)..one of those good designs that just don't need changing!

      Delete

I love reading your comments & try to reply to all of them!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger