PAGES

Chasing the ducks and other autumn adventures!

Saturday, 28 September 2013

Autumn is my favourite time of the year. I get to wrap up cosy but still have the days out that come hand in hand with the sunshine. Todays post is another trip to the park im afraid. Partly because my OH has the car today but mainly because its one of Rio's favourite things to do.

Not only is outdoor play fun, its also important for childrens development. It helps then stay fit and active, encourages creativity, imagination and lets them get face to face with nature. And most of all gives them freedom!

Whilst it is great to keep giving your children different games and activities to do.. its also important to have unstructured play. A chance for them to just enjoy themselves and do what ever it is that takes their fancy. And the park is a prime example of this. Theres always lots to do at the park!

 
 

Much to the Ducks dismay, Rio realised he could touch them today! This may or may not of ended in them running away and him bounding after them..oopsie! His face when he stroked the first one was a picture!


Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous happy photos of Rio having such fun at the park! I love the ones with him bending down then chasing the ducks - I'm sure they are quicker than him. You are so right about providing our children with space and time to initiate their own creative imaginations and naturally develop their own play. Thanks for linking up and sharing with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :) thanks for hosting! I really enjoy linking up. It really is..I think a lot of people forget , kids need time to just..be kids!

      Delete
  2. I love the pictures of your little one and the ducks. It's wonderful to see how fearless he is with them. What a great time he must have had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought he'd be bothered about them swarming around him but he really isn't! x

      Delete
  3. Aww! Lovely photos!! Looks like lots of fun was had x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are gorgeous pictures! Looks like lots of fun too xx

    Kate
    Just Pirouette and Carry On...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments & try to reply to all of them!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger