Looking back through old photos of Rio, I came across some old ones of myself pre pregnancy. Photo's that brought tears to my eyes. Photos that made me realise I used to be so stupid! They made me realise that I probably had a problem. I was so body conscious. Looking at these all I can think is why? You stupid stupid girl! But of course back then I thought I was fat! Id breathe in when wearing a bikini, hate myself when I sat down! An ex told someone that I didn't have any boobs so I wore push up bra's and contacted companies seriously considering a boob job.
My Nanna once told me that I looked like id put on weight. She meant that I looked good for it, but I took it bad, I dropped back down to 6stone, probably under!
At my first weigh in with the midwife I weighed 6stone4. I was referred to consultant care, the same you would if you were overweight. But something magical happened in pregnancy, I loved putting on weight! The more my bump grew the happier I was. Yes at the end of my third trimester when I discovered my stretch marks I cried! I rang my mum and SOBBED down the phone. She assured me they'd go post pregnancy. They didn't! And do you know what? I don't care. Rio is 17 months now and I sway between 7stone8 and 7stone12. The strangest thing is that I am more happy in this bigger, wider , stretch marked body than I ever was being the 'perfect size 0'. And the boob situation? Pregnancy is the best free boob job you can get! ;)
I scares me to know that the bikini shot isn't me at my smallest and that right after the photo was took I looked at it and thought, "hips and thighs look huge". I don't really know what made me write this post, let alone upload it. I guess it was the realisation that when my OH says he prefers my body post pregnancy, for the first time in my life I can actual believe him! Stretch marks and all, because I do too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

You look amazing! Before and after! Haha I agree. I am COVERED in stretch marks but I would have a million more for these babies. Anyway I spend all my beach time chasing babies these days so no one sees them anyway!! Great post!
ReplyDeleteI just wear a high waisted bikini and have done with it :) Thankyou lovely ..rather nervous about this one x
DeleteYou're amazing for writing this. And you look gorgeous. I've never been a skinny mini but am definitely happier being smaller. I have, however, learned to accept a stretchmarked wobbly tummy! Xxx
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't be happy being any bigger but I've found a happy medium..BMI wise I'm in the middle of healthy weight so that's all that matters :) ..thankyou, that means so much as its not my usual post! X
DeleteYou look beautiful as always! I think you suit the way you look now so much more, well done on writing this, I don't think I could ever do it. I suppose the perks of being older and wiser mean that the comments made in school and all that stuff doesn't mean as much as it did. You're the yummiest mummy I know :)
ReplyDeleteThankyou!!! Your so right..when I look back to how I was at school I feel stupid..i used to be so reserved so people didn't say anything when now I couldn't care in the slightest. The majority of people by our age have grown up and out of it I think. Awww thankyou :) ..if only you could see me now..haha!! Slumming it! x
DeleteSchools like a bloomin wildlife program haha! But I'm the same when I think back to all the mean comments etc in school and I used to think it was me. But when I look back it's easy to see just how insecure the people making the comments must have been. It's nice that most people are out of that stage now :) Haha my days been the same ;)
Delete