PAGES

A brave boy!

Sunday, 30 March 2014

In true boy toddler style, Rio has had bumps and bangs a-plenty before. The older he gets the more bruises seem to appear on his legs from climbing, playing football and generally running too fast in the street no matter how much I shout in protest!

But the other night was different. Id just had a bubble bath while my OH and Rio were waiting for the football to start..yawn..and was laid on the bed applying bio oil. When Rio suddenly ran around the bed and bang! Slid head first into the radiator.

It took his breath as usual, but within a few seconds the crying had started and my OH, whose a lot faster than my pregnant self, was on hand comforting and rubbing the back of his head..but as Rio calmed and looked up it was then he realised it was the front. Half of his little face was beginning to be covered in blood coming from somewhere on his scalp. Panic kicked in, the OH ran him to the sink for cotton wool and water while I shouted something about getting ready for the car..heck have you seen Emmerdale recently? I wasn't taking any chances..we were going to the hospital!

I got dressed in lightening speed, mainly due to the fact I skipped underwear, which I later regretted!

Once at the hospital Rio perked up, dragged a million chairs over to us and generally just made a lot of noise and a lot of people smile.

We didn't have to wait long to be seen and the check began..basically ending in him having his head glued!

He's fine now but aware that his head's been poorly..he keeps saying "orite now mummy? Gone now?..all better?". The next day I did ring in to cancel my shift at work which was a first for me, and I did feel really quilty but poorly cuddles are a job for Mummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & try to reply to all of them!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger