PAGES

To try or not to try?

Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Theres no denying that finding out I was pregnant with Rio was a suprise, a nice suprise, but a suprise all the least. I was on the pill and were it not for a sickness bug a baby wouldnt of come into the equation for a long while. Sometimes you dont know what you want until you've already got it.

It was always clear for both of us, as soon as we decided there'd be another, that we wanted a little age gap. For a while we back and forthed about when, id be ready, then Craig would and so on and so forth. Times flown. Suddenly the ideal gap we both wanted is upon us and for the first time, we're both ready.

But this time round its different. What if i dont get caught on straight away like last time. Could i handle the repeated heartache of sitting in excitement and anticipation only to get a negative result? I know whats to come with things like labour. Last time was pretty much a walk in the park as far as labour is concerned. I've created such a high expectation for myself, if i did it once without pain relief i should be able to do it again. Only its not like that is it? Every labour is different. You do what you have to do to have your little one in your arms.

I've already had a three/four month gap from birth control so far, not for this reason but now there really is nothing stopping us.

To try or not to try?


12 comments:

  1. Ah best of luck! I think babies come when they're ready so each gap is perfect for each family. I had a MUCH easier labour 2nd time round as your body really knows what its doing. I think you worry less during pregnancy too as you're busy with your first. Whatever you decide, it'll work out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with Harrovian Mama the "perfect" gap is different for different families - if it feels like a good time it is a good time, Alice @ Mums Make Lists

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I'm feeling! My sister had a 4-5 year age gap between her two and that was right for them and their family..everyone is different and has different feelings on the subject. I was looking at a top at work today that said 'big brother' and just couldn't stop smiling!! Thanks for popping by x

      Delete
  3. Awwww, good luck with whatever you decide :) We are going to start trying for another baby now too, so if you do then we can be pregnancy buddies! Jacob is 14 months old now and for us this is the perfect gap. I know I'll be much more confident because everything is so fresh in my mind
    Ps I think Rio is one of the cutest little boys I have ever seen!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww yay!! Hopefully pregnant at the same time again!
      Thats so lovely, thankyou so much! x

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Good luck with trying for number two. I worried about the labour second time too, a even though I was fine first time I thought second time I might not be as lucky and this time I'd have a toddler at home! But I was fine again and sure you will be too.

    I have loved having a small age gap (17 months between mine) and we would like another with a similar gap (eek!). Your little man is sooooo cute btw! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh thankyou!! Hopefully :) ours will be a 2 year gap if it happens anytime soon..but I guess the right gap will show itself over time :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for checking out my blog (dear-miya.blogspot.ca) My first child was a surprise, too and I felt the same anxiety about it possibly not being so quick to happen the second time around. But in my experience it happened just as easily as the first time and hopefully the same will happen for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's great to hear, fingers crossed! X

      Delete
  6. Every family has a different desired age gap so if you re ready I'm sure it s the perfect gap. Good luck :)
    Angela @ Time with A & N ( http://glennbabies.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments & try to reply to all of them!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger