PAGES

Storytime for saurus!

Friday, 1 March 2013

I'm a bookworm, so was delighted when i noticed that Rio loves storytime. Today he even tried turning the pages with me. My heart melt. See, ive said it before and i'll say it again til you get bored of me, "its the little things in life that makes you smile".  I've spent so much money over the years on books, spent so much time down the aisles at the library..i still do now sometimes even though i own a kindle.

Then i discoved carboots & charity shops. Its only sane with the amount of books i want to get Rio that i do the same for his too. I love the idea of reading a book and passing it on. Yes, some are keepers that you will read and reread but its never good to be a hoarder. Unless you've got your own in house library, then hoard all you like you lucky person!!

A few posts ago i mentioned the potty poo poo wee wee book i got for 10p, after research i noticed had i bought this online, via sites such as ebay , it would have cost me between £11-52, used!! I really like this book and i think its great one for both parent and child around the potty training age. The ended put such a smile on my face, and my dads when he too sat and read it to Rio.

This week i picked up two more books. I'm not 100% sure on the cost as two books and a top came up to £1. Bargain. I was too stuck up in my teens to even shop in primark, now look at me scouring charity shops. Thats motherhood for you.

 
 I really loved the meaning behind this book. Augustus has lost his smile, no matter how much he looks he just cant find it. Until he realises "its the little things in life that make you smile" ..see i told you ;)
This book didnt do it for me as much as the others i have mentioned. I liked how it was a story that got all the woodland animals to sleep. As thats how i see it being in our house. Bath, bottle, book, bed. But other than that nothing really set it apart.

As usual im open to book suggestions in the comments :) i do actually buy them sometimes ;)
Bit of a different post for me, let me know your opinion on that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & try to reply to all of them!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger