PAGES

A childs grief

Monday, 6 March 2017

Yesterday when we were about to leave the cemetry (known to the boys as 'Grandads garden '), Rio cuddled the headstone and started sobbing. I saw his eyes start to fill moments before it happened and beelined for him. Through his sobs I could hear "I want my grandad", and I started crying with him, because I want him too. Time isn't a healer. Time is another day without him here. Rio may of only been three when he passed away but we had lived with him from birth up until that point. Losing his Grandad was like losing myself or Craig for him, an every day figure. I think the physical action of hugging the headstone to say bye made him realise he hasn't had contact with his Grandad for over a year because its impossible. He isn't just somewhere else in the country, he is gone.

There were tears at bedtime. And again I couldn't control my own. It just goes to show that like us, children grieve in their own time too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & try to reply to all of them!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger