PAGES

DIY vase!

Friday, 20 May 2016

Its no exaggeration when I say that we spent all of our savings buying and furnishing our new house at the beginning of the year. Thankfully our bank balances have crept up and I've been able to buy a few bits to make the place more homely over the last month or so. But as much as I love buying something new, I also love finding a charity shop bargain, or better still, upcycling!

Take this bottle for example. I kept hold of it when we visited the bluebells the other week.

upcycle


This morning, after finding it stashed under the pushchair, I peeled off the stickers and washed away any sticky residue/left over orange juice.



I then... well, nothing, that was it!

Behold, the most simple DIY that I know!


upcycle, simple diy, home decor

Yes I know, you can pick these up for a couple of pound in most shops nowadays but what's the fun in that? Every time I pass by/refill this little DIY vase I'm going to remember that day and smile!


Feeling fancy? You could always take it one step further by adding twine around the top and creating a hanging vase type wall décor. Why not stagger three or more in a row up your staircase?







36 comments:

  1. I love doing this too! I mostly clean all my glass bottles and jars and use them later to fill up with sauces and what not! Love the way you used it as a vase :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to save my jars, they have so many uses!

      Delete
  2. That is such a lovely idea, I got a bottle the other day which had been used for something and I though it would look amazing turning into a vase for a single stem. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fab. Some of my single stem vases cost quite abit of money in comparison to this bottle of juice!

      Delete
  3. lol, great idea and some bottles are really quite lovely so would make fabulous vases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish id of kept Rio's raspberry lemonade one now, that was ideal for single stem!

      Delete
  4. I do this with bottles and jars all the times, I don't see the point in chucking them out when they can be put to good use! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, takes recycling to a whole new level doesn't it!

      Delete
  5. How pretty! I like this idea! It's so simple and I could make a ton of them for different areas of the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple yet effective isn't it. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  6. This is a great idea to make a vase. It's good that people do this and it helps the environment. Also a good way to train our kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love upcycling even the little things and this is such a cute idea X

    Miss Kitty Kaos - Adventures Of A Riot Grrrl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to love it. I really want to be brave enough to purchase and project some furniture!

      Delete
  8. This is a great idea and a great way to recycle too. Vases can be so expensive to buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a set of two single stem vases for around £18 a few weeks before, its crazy!

      Delete
  9. That is so pretty! Vases can be so expensive nowadays and I love the bottle look - I think it's subtle and really effective at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought it was really simple but pretty, and the look with different flower types could totally change the look!

      Delete
  10. I think this is the simplest but yet the most prettiest DIY I have seen. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know its been so widely done and shared but it really is so underrated! Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  11. A lovely simple idea and so thrifty too, well done:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm hoping to be brave enough to take on something a lot bigger next time!

      Delete
  12. So simple yet so effective! One of my friends loves to do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Milk style bottles always look so nice with vases in, I bought one in Ikea for about £2 but I would have done it myself had I had the bottle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant idea, my niece has one of these and uses it for a drinks bottle with a straw, its the only thing she will drink out of since giving up her baby bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always keep different containers to use as vases for flowers. It looks so quirky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it :) im going to keep my eye out for others x

      Delete
  16. Aww doesn't it look lovely :) Ive often used simple things to make things from :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping my eyes out for other things to save!

      Delete
  17. Most of my vases are bottles, love this DIY hack!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha, now this is my kind of DIY! I love keeping interesting jars and bottles for exactly this kind of thing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a simple upcycling activity. I have so many of these around the house, I must upcycle them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a simple idea, but worked really well! I've been doing it for years!

    MadeFromBeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hehe I always have trouble throwing away nice shaped bottles and jars! They make such cute vases.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a great idea :) Milk bottles and empty jars are quite 'fashionable' at the moment for use as glasses or vases.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments & try to reply to all of them!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger