Today Craig had a holiday booked from work creating a long weekend for our family. Usually we would look online for a new place to explore with the kiddies but the weather has been a little temperamental this week to say the least, so we decided to play by ear.
We started off doing a spot of Christmas shopping.. there is no way that I am doing last minute shopping this year now that I have a toddler AND a baby. Followed by a stop off at pets at home to see the rabbits. That place is like a free petting zoo..without the petting!
The weather was still holding out so we stopped off at one of the parks we pass on the way into town to let Rio blow off some steam and get some fresh air.
As you can see from the photo's, me and Craig are 'those parents'. The ones who have as much fun as the kids. For me that is the beauty of having children young, though a lot of people disapprove. We're young enough to run around and join in..so why not? Why sit on the bench looking like you don't even want to be there? Make the most of this time. Pretty soon they will be closing the door to their rooms, wanting to play with friends, on their consoles. Enjoy being a child again yourself while you can. So if you see me in 'soft play hell', squeezing my post pregnancy boobs through those rolly sponge things, and my bum down a twirly slide. Don't tut, don't judge, just know that I am enjoying life through my childs eyes..and it is wonderful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger
You certainly do look like you are all having great fun although Dad looks a tad worried going down that slide! I love the mound of rocks too - they look so tactile and perfect for climbing.
ReplyDeleteThat slide goes faster than you think, my pictures were horrific haha!! The rocks are actually plastic, and it took me about 10 minutes with help to get up! I'm a wimp. Thankyou for popping by x
DeleteWhat a gorgeous family and fab photo's Victoria! Looks like you all had great fun x
ReplyDeleteThankyou, it's such a great day out had by all! X
DeleteHere, here. Enjoy every excuse kids give you to join in the fun. Lovely post with lovely photos x
ReplyDelete#countrykids
Exactly :) thankyou for stopping by x
DeleteIt looks like you had a fabulous day out with your two little ones. It's great that you get stuck in and have as much fun as they do, it's part of the fun of being a mum. I love the photos I think they've truly captured the fun of the park and they're beautiful. Thanks for linking up with me on Country Kids.
ReplyDeleteThank you! It's times like this I wish a vlogged too so I could really cherish these moments!
Delete