PAGES

Our family of four: Week 2

Friday, 18 July 2014

 
 
Little Niall is two weeks old. He's so much more alert now and that has come hand in hand with him feeding better. So much so that he put on 4oz in 2 days and if he gains again I will be 'discharged' by the midwifes on Sunday as he is now above his birth weight.

The health visitor was full of praises and apparently witnessed a 'real smile'. She was also full of praises for Rio as usual, he never fails to entertain..little chatter box.

His routine varies, sometimes he will wake every 2 hours in the night..others he can go as long as 4. I'm feeding on demand so we are just going with it. Speaking of feeding i'm currently still trying to make my milk more fatty by eating flapjacks and mars bars daily. But it seems to be working as he will now fall to sleep after a feed instead of still being starving, albeit for 40minutes but it is still an improvement. I'm then topping up with formula. So I guess you could say i'm 'combination feeding'..getting the goodness from my milk, and the contentment and fullness from the formula.

He's in Next newborn sleepsuits and Mothercare tiny baby outfits.

He's seemed to like his baths this week too, and cried when we took him out. Which isn't surprising as he still dislikes bum change. Especially if its a poopy one!



Rio has started coming out with the most funny and clever things this week, being a big brother has really made him grow up. And although I love how helpful he is trying to be, I have had to tell him a few times. Resulting in a terrible two tantrum..oh ohhh! I mentioned to the health visitor that I feel like I am getting on at him and not spending enough quality time but she said this is normal and will pass as we all get used to being a family of four now, instead of a family of three.

Him being two weeks old also means that Craig is back at work on Monday! You'll see how I got on solo parenting in next weeks update!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & try to reply to all of them!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger