PAGES

Turning two!

Saturday, 12 April 2014

On Thursday Rio turned two. We spent the morning visiting both sets of Grandparents and then headed out for the day to Brodsworth hall. Rio has always been grown up and forward for his age but I feel like over the last few days he's changed even more, he really has been a pleasure to watch.

The weather held out and was glorious on Friday too, so we took advantage of Craigs times off and ventured to Clumber Park for a picnic and kick about!

 
 
 

We pondered over the idea of a party for a while, but Rio really is the outdoorsy exploring type so it seemed silly to not have a day that would really make him happy. I think the parties will start once he's in school and he can really remember them.


He was pretty spoilt in the present department but its all things that he will get good use out of and love! He also got his first scooter, which he loves scooting about on. And as he'd actually asked for a fish..he got one of them from my dad too! He loves feeding it every morning and watching it swim around.

 

Whilst at Clumber Park we added a National Trust membership to our collection so hopefully our spring/summer will be full of new family adventures!
Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

18 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! YOu have a beautiful family =) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super place full of space and freedom, perfect for a family day out. I love your photos, they are so full of colour, I think National Trust Membership offers so much for families these days, I'll look forward to some more exciting posts over the summer. Thank you for joining me for Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, we love our other passes so thought..why not! More places to explore x

      Delete
  3. What a fab day out. We are the same holding out for the parties. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were really tempted to have a bouncy castle last minute but decided against it..might just randomly hire one in summer instead x

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to your little man! He looks so happy and love the photos too! :) #CountryKids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place! I think that is a lovely way to spend a birthday. Happy birthday to your little boy, he is so cute! My boy is 6 now, but I remember twos very well as he was so cute and learning things so quickly! I am really happy I found your blog via country kids, new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I know it's not the norm but nothing makes him happier. Its a lovely age, he doesn't fail to suprise me every day at the moment. Aww thankyou so much. I'll pop over to yours now!

      Delete
  6. Great photos! Perfect family day out celebrating!

    Kay xxx
    www.mummyburgess.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos and Happy Birthday to Rio. We joined the NT at Christmas and have already had so many wonderful adventures and days out with them, so hope you enjoy it, too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope so! We're members of a few others so will be nice to add something different to the list..the said list is now endless :) thankyou!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fun day.My little boy turns two in a few weeks and we have decided against a party as well in favour of a family outing. :) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pictures. My boys would rather have a day out than a party too. Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure did. I think its a boy thing..rather be exploring x

      Delete

I love reading your comments & try to reply to all of them!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger