PAGES

Half a year old

Wednesday, 10 October 2012

They say time flies, and their not babies for long...too right!! Suddenly Rio is 6 months old.. he's half way towards his first birthday. And although ive got hundreds of pictures when i flick through them it doesnt seem anywhere near enough!!! Why didnt i take more pictures of those first precious moments? I'll tell you why.. half a a year ago today i was in a daze. I was just staring at my perfect little bundle, at my new perfect little family and cherishing it.

My little 6lb6oz of perfection is now 16lb7, sitting up with teeth!

 That also means ive been living with Craig for just over half a year. And that just over half a year ago this happened  http://walkingtalkingpollypocket.blogspot.co.uk/p/rios-birth-story.html

Being a parent is amazing, i'd even say i was made for it..haha, as cheesey as that sounds! Its learnt me alot..good and bad. It learnt me who my true friends are.. and sadly thats not alot. But thats their loss not mine.

Ive learnt that poop filled nappies arent that bad, unless its the middle of the night..then by all means try and pie it off on your partner!! haha. That every tom dick and harry will try to interfere and tell you how its done, what you should do..and generally think their in charge of your baby and pass them from pillar to post. Ive learnt to ignore it, as a parent you do things your own way.. there is no right or wrong.  Well you know what i mean. But most of all, ive learnt to stand up for myself and learnt that i was right. Just because im not 30, and married does not mean that i cant be a good parent. I've proved them wrong, i bloody well am!
 
Ive also learnt that i am absolutly rubbish at formatting pictures side by side on my blog!!

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful little boy. you look as if motherhood really suits you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Victoria it feels like it was only yesterday I was reading Rio's birth story it's scary how fast time is passing by. I have to say I agree with you too, becoming a parent really has been the best thing that has happened to me.

    Rio seems to just get cuter and cuter! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments & try to reply to all of them!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger