PAGES

Life since the wedding

Wednesday, 29 April 2020

It's now 2019 and 24 weeks since we got married. I did mean to blog again sooner but I had a major case of post wedding blues. Dreaming of our wedding had occupied my thoughts for two years so for it to be suddenly over left me feeling surprisingly awful. Originally I had planned to start up a little chalk board wedding business but as time went on, so did the urge to do that. Everyday life as a family of four took back over and our wedding, as fabulous and flawed as it was, is now just another memory..albeit a great one!

So what has happened since the 'I do's'? (Which were actually 'I wills')

The family-moon

We hired somewhere in Devon and 'staycationed', the week after the wedding, opting to take the boys with us. It was the first week of the summer holidays, and a scorcher at that. A holiday abroad follows this year, as will hopefully a long weekend just the two of us. (A girl can dream right?)






We spent the mornings  BBQing full English breakfast on the balcony, the days down at the beach, the afternoons playing badminton and the evenings curled up on the sofa, doors open wide watching the wild rabbits hop around the garden below. It was perfect, but the rain marked the end of our week away and we had to head home.

The next 5 months

Over the last five months things have pretty much continued as they did before. We've had countless days out adventuring, albeit less documented on the gram, worked and had talks with the bank about buying another house over the next few years.

Maybe now's the time to start changing my name on things?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments & try to reply to all of them!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger