PAGES

Back to the bluebells

Sunday, 8 May 2016

This time exactly a year ago we visited Renishaw Hall & Gardens to explore the bluebells. I posted about it here but what I didn't mention in that post was the fact that we mainly went to clear my head. As you now know a little before that post my Dad was diagnosed with incurable cancer. So today on route, when I realised it was this exact weekend last year that we went, it really hit home how sudden things had happened. A lot can change in a year, but what hasn't changed is how fantastic this place is to explore... especially at this time of year!





Rolling down the hills! Craig was spurring him on to do roly polys but the 'cotton wool mum' in me was yelling at him to not even dare!


Time for the bluebells!


bluebell wood



bluebell wood

They didn't disappoint.

I had envisioned letting the boys play amongst them, allowing me to get candid shots, but I couldn't bring myself to in case any were damaged. Instead we found patches where other people had already been and I was in photos for once. I real rarity, and something I need to do more!




The boys had so much fun exploring the woodland area. Niall even attempted the balance type obstacle course. He was a little unsure at first but within a few minute he was bouncing up and down adding to the excitement. BOYS!


The number hunt was the same as last time so we didn't actively participate but it was still great to see the characters as we went by.


There were cows everywhere this time around. I hadn't realised until now how loudly they actually moo!



The last time we was here Rio said that the chimney on this little out building might be for Santa. Some type of rural workshop? He didn't forget. As soon as it was in his sight he told us all about it. He doesn't forget a thing, and that never fails to make me smile!


The view from the tree trunk seat was as pretty as ever. I always feel really blessed surrounded by my little family from here. It goes unnoticed to a lot of passers by because at first glace it does just look like a tree, but I guess that's the hidden beauty of it.


After sampling the coffee cake last time we couldn't go home without making a cheeky pit stop. Rio wanted chocolate cake, a firm family favourite, but I also liked the look of this lemon and white chocolate one so we bought both.

 Although I haven't posted for a while the country kids link up is one that I will always love. Letting your kids be kids and enjoy their childhood outdoors is something that I try to practice as well as preach. It's good to be back!
Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

40 comments:

  1. It is lovely to have you back on the Country Kids link up and what a wonderful comeback post you have. I can't get enough of the bluebells this year they are simply stunning, though I think you may have found the best ones yet, they are so densely packed and make a marvelous backdrop to your photos. This is certainly the time to visit Renishaw Hall & Gardens, No wonder you have returned for a second year though I'm so sorry for the connection with your dad a year ago. Those cakes look so impressive I would have had to stop for a pit stop too. Thank you for joining me for #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its an absolutely breath taking place at this time of year!

      Delete
  2. How gorgeous is this view? Bluebells are such stunning photos and the area is giving me fairytale vibes if you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the woods are full of childhood classic characters. I think the only thing this place is missing is a fairy door or two! .. I also get an alice and wonderland queen of cards vibe from the hedges.. no wonder I love it so much!

      Delete
  3. What some absolutely beautiful photos - that forest of bluebells is just amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a carpet of them, really takes your breath..it half makes me want to go back to just sit and read a book if im honest!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful place to visit! I went to my local abbey today and there were loads of bluebells. They're so pretty.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a lovely time, bluebells always brings happy memories to me from when I was little and they were growing in my grandparents garden. The photos are lovely and the cakes look gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow such beautiful bluebells and such a nice garden. It must be nice and peaceful to just think x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, as soon as you get to that area it is so serene and peaceful!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos and what a stunning location. I'm lucky enough to live on hills where we get thousands of bluebells each year. It really is a beautiful world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice little outdoor adventure. The grounds look beautiful! I love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a great place for the kids to explore!

      Delete
  9. Lovely photos you got here. The flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos are stunning and the cakes look absolutely amazing!

    Charli | Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger at CHARLI B

    ReplyDelete
  11. What amazing photos and what a beautiful place! Also - that cake? HELLOOOO! H x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello exactly! I couldn't just leave it sat there could I ? x

      Delete
  12. What lovely photographs :) And wow those bluebells are amazing. Looks such a nice place to visit :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovng all the nature photos and of coures those of the cake, yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, never mind the bluebells, look at that cake? ;) x

      Delete
  14. What a beautiful place to visit, it looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow what a beautiful place to visit. It looks so stunning and peacful too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, as soon as you get near the bluebells there is such a calm it is wonderful to witness

      Delete
  16. We have bluebells near us.i do want to go have a walk through the woodland and see them. Unfortunately the weather has turned now and it's wet and miserable. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has here too. I hope they withstand the weather so that you get to see them

      Delete
  17. Adorable photos! Looks like a lovely place! I haven't seen any bluebells yet where I am, I'll have to go on the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad but it looks like you picked the perfect location to clear your head! I'd keep coming back here year after year - it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, although expected I feel his loss far more than I imagined! I hope too, it really is great here x

      Delete
  19. Such lovely photos, your boys are so cute! That cake looks pretty good too... :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely love going to see the bluebells at this time of year! Looks like you got some lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments & try to reply to all of them!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger