There's something magical about being cosy indoors with a candle burning. I'm one of those people that love snuggling on the sofa, with a cuppa and a book, listening to the sound of the rain. Pre mum me would of spent my days off doing such, but mum me has to man up and go out..whether she likes it or not!
It took me ten steps to question needing walking boots, and ten more to declare that we definitely did. Why didn't I put my wellies on? Why have I got it in my head that wellies are just for walking the dog?
We trudged away for a while, debating whether it was such a good idea to brave the outdoors. Then something magical happened.
Rio squealed with delight.

Now, I'm more than aware of how fun jumping in muddy puddles is for children, Peppa Pig is a daily reminder of that, but for a moment I forgot to see the world as a child. I forgot that its us parents that worry about muddy wet clothes, them catching a cold or slipping over. A child just see's a new adventure.
And look at that, even the light in the sky came on at that revelation! Craig took this snap, then another, before declaring "You jump like a penguin!".. I charged at him, denying it. But he's right...
I jump like a penguin!
It took me ten steps to question needing walking boots, and ten more to declare that we definitely did. Why didn't I put my wellies on? Why have I got it in my head that wellies are just for walking the dog?
We trudged away for a while, debating whether it was such a good idea to brave the outdoors. Then something magical happened.
Rio squealed with delight.
Now, I'm more than aware of how fun jumping in muddy puddles is for children, Peppa Pig is a daily reminder of that, but for a moment I forgot to see the world as a child. I forgot that its us parents that worry about muddy wet clothes, them catching a cold or slipping over. A child just see's a new adventure.
And look at that, even the light in the sky came on at that revelation! Craig took this snap, then another, before declaring "You jump like a penguin!".. I charged at him, denying it. But he's right...
I jump like a penguin!
Aww looks like a fun day out, I hate going out on cold, miserable wet days, but have to as I have to walk the dog, but the fun splashing in the puddles and coming home caked in mud was one of my daughters favourite things when she was little x
ReplyDeleteIt was surprisingly lovely in the end x
DeleteAwww super cute. *checks to see how I jump*
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures. Looks like a great day out!
Haha I will be more conscious not to jump like this anymore!!
ReplyDeleteThis made me smile, great photos and it looked like you were having fun x
ReplyDeleteHaha what a great blog post title! Lovely pics too
ReplyDeleteCatstello | www.cattitudeandco.uk
Aww cute day out, and lovely pics :) I love embracing my inner child - like stepping on crunchy leaves in autumn, or stepping through puddles. Funny how we still get the same enjoyment out of silly fun things as grown ups! Sometimes it's nice to forget about adulthood and just have fun for a while :P
ReplyDeleteowlsandantlers.org || facebook
ha ha - this made me laugh - it's a very nice jump like a penguin though.... :)
ReplyDeleteLOL! It's total fun jumping in puddles sometimes, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI love this post! Looks like a great walk. I have to admit through that your jumping style does bear penguiny resemblance! ! Xx
ReplyDeleteJumping like a penguin sounds fun! Dancing like a penguin is fab too, I've seen Happy Feet! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic looking day out - such fun to explore :) x
ReplyDeleteYou guys look like you had a fantastic time its so great to go out and about seeing the country.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun pictures! I love puddle jumping with my son, the muddier the puddle the better.
ReplyDeleteAww cute!!! I'm sure there'll be days when you can curl up with a good book and get some peace and quiet. I guess it's a good thing your kids force you to go out and do more things - maybe get some wellies though?!
ReplyDeleteThe photos look so cute! I've resisted any wellies or raincoats for over 10 years but having a toddler has changed me so looking forward to this autumn and getting out and jumping in muddy puddles
ReplyDeleteAww the photos are super cute! Love this post :)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos. It looks like it was a lovely day.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun day out, cute photos.
ReplyDeleteGetting in the fresh air is how I destress every day.We have long family walk every weekend as it's the only time that the kids stop fighting with each other.Keep up jumping like a penguin :D
ReplyDelete'I jump like a penguin' is the cutest thing ever! I think as we get older we forget to just pop on the wellies and splash around in puddles. I kind of want to do that now....
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love your photos, they are just stunning. I spent many days in heels pre mum, now I can barely walk in them! Wellies are my new best friend :) xx
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are fab, lovely to see things though their eyes and enjoy the fun of juming in muddy puddles
ReplyDeleteLove this!
ReplyDeleteHayden loves going out to explore loads - We should do it more especially seeing your photos.
Looks like you guys had a great day. You should totally own jumping like a penguin LOOOL
Charlotte x
I like your purple hoodie :) Great photos too. I enjoy reading your posts!
ReplyDeleteUntil I read this I had never thought about how I jumped, now I need a puddle so I can x
ReplyDeleteThere's something about puddle jumping that is just magical, whatever your age. Bet you felt better for heading out.
ReplyDeleteAwww puddle jumping is so much fun. Lots of fab photos here, looks like you all had a great time!
ReplyDeleteAw, that's so adorable! I used to love how my kids would get super excited about puddles and snow and all those things that we get too jaded to appreciate as adults.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous memories. Walking in muddy puddles is a must for any child Big or Small!
ReplyDeleteAww looks like fab day. I much prefer to stay in doors with a book too though.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos! I think I probably jump a little like a penguin too!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos, that landscape is just gorgeous! It looks like you had a lot of fun, I can't remember the last time I jumped in puddles *makes note to do it next time we have rain*
ReplyDeleteHahaha! Great post - it doesn't matter what you jump like - as long as you jump! Lovely photos - well done for getting outdoors!! Kaz x
ReplyDeleteHaha great post! I love jumping in puddles and streams when I have my wellies on of course!
ReplyDelete