35 week update / A right old scare!
Friday, 6 June 2014
Its been a while since my last 'official' bump update, mainly because the bump didn't really grow all that much and nothing much changed in terms of symptoms. But this week has took an eventful turn so I thought I would get it all down documented.
I'm still struggling with acid..i think that's one battle that I have to admit I am not going to win. So i'm counting down the weeks instead.
The same goes for pelvic pain. My nights are spent tossing and turning from hip to hip in agony, with plenty of toilet trips thrown in. Before I used to get temporary relief from rolling over/getting up..now not so much!! :(
Since this photo my bump has dropped quite abit, as has baby, resulting in lots of new stretchmarks.
35 weeks also saw the start of random Braxton hicks. I never had these with Rio so it was a totally new sensation. Thursday afternoon came around and I was trying to nap on the sofa but something kept waking me up. I couldn't put my finger on what so I sat up and waited. After a while I realised I was getting the usual tightening's but ALOT more frequently. They wasn't painful at all, other than abit of pressure down below and a twinge in my back as it peaked but I thought id time them on my app anyway. On average, they were coming every 2 and 1/2 minutes and lasting 1 minute+. This went on until my OH Craig got home from work 2 hours later so I jumped in the bath, as apparently Braxton hicks stop there. Mine didn't, so by 8pm Craig was telling me to ring Triage "just to check", as im not yet full term. I was told to go through so we dropped Rio off at my mums and arrived.
After the usual obs, I was put on the monitors to get trace of the tightenings/babies heartbeat. Straight away I could see the little spikes and after a while I noticed the babies heartbeat had increased from the usual 164-ish mark to 186, sometimes even 200. Que alarms starting to go off, the heartbeat dipping to about 84 and rising and me waiting in panic for someone to come. There was only 2 members of staff on duty so after what felt like a lifetime of alarms I said to Craig "please get them, its his heartrate"..and bursting into tears. Apparently the monitor has slipped wrong with one of my tightenings and there wasn't anything wrong. The nurse just scribbled through it all and I had a glass of water to see if this would lower his heart rate. It didn't, so I was unhooked and the sheet was taken to a Doctor. The doctor came and did an internal to see if any changes were being made to my cervix but luckily there wasn't.
It was about 10pm by this point and I was getting pretty exhausted. Im usually in bed by 9:00. I was then sent back for my second trace as his heart rate was on the high side the first time. I was in a room full of 'chavs' basically, that has fetched all their friends with them. Im not one to judge but when a pregnant women has been there 10 minutes and is complaining that she cant go out for 'a fag', it really makes me cringe!! Thankfully he seemed more settled on the second trace and I was allowed home. We picked Rio up and eventually climbed into bed at about 12:15am!
The tightenings are still happening but are back to how I suspect normal Braxton hicks to be in terms of frequency etc. I'm not taking any chances though, and have decided to be a lazy bum until i'm at least full term! Hahaha!!
I never had any of this with Rio, he was always so straight forward. This baba has been awkward since scan one..gahh I do love the little terror so much already!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Wow, sounds stressful! Hope things settle down until your full term hun, good luck with everything :-) So exciting xx
ReplyDeleteThings are still pretty uncomfortable, my body really is putting in the practice this time but it will all be worth it in the end..doesn't stop me getting excited when things get abit 'ouchy' though x
DeleteOh gosh. You've had quite a time!! I find Braxton hicks so annoying. I don't think they've been as bad this time as they were with Paige which is good. x
ReplyDeleteArent they!! I said to Craig at least contractions hurt and you know they will end in a baby..Braxton hicks are just silly! x
Delete