In adult life it is said that you make yourself believe you are remembering certain events (from under ten) because you have been told about it so many times before. Sometimes you can imagine it that well you are sure it is real.
This isnt the case for me. My parents cannot remember this photo being taken. They cannot remember that these boots are infact my uncles who had come over that evening. That they were in the far corner under the light switch closest to the hallway. And that when I stepped inside them and clumsily walked to this spot, they told me to pop my dummy in as the photo would be cuter that way. I can. This is my first memory! Whats yours?
Im linking up with PODcasts whats the story linky!
Such a great photo and a great memory! I can't remember anything from that far back!
ReplyDeleteThankyou!! I know where Rio gets his curls from now!
DeleteLovely photo, I can remember being in a taxi, we'd gone by train (that I don't remember) and got the taxi from the train station, moving to our new home, we drove under some weeping willows. I remember it vividly, it can't be from any other day and I was just over 2 years of age.
ReplyDeleteAwww lovely, its weird how we can remember the tiniest randomest things :)
DeleteWhat a wonderful post and that photo is just adorable! How incredible you've got a memory so early, I don't remember anything before I was five! What a fabulous story to share - thank you for linking up with #whatsthestory
ReplyDeleteNo, thankyou for hosting!! I think its such a great idea! After that i think my next memory is my 5th/6th birthday party. x
DeleteHow amazing that you can remember this but your parents can't? Suppose it just goes to show that you really don't know what your kids are taking in and remembering! Cute photo too :)
ReplyDeleteHopping over from What's The Story.
My mum has always actually thought the boots were my dads until i told her..now ive mentioned bits they can vaguely remember. I know thats what im thinking :) im trying to make everyday a good day for Rio incase x
DeleteLovely story! I was strangely thinking about this myself yesterday. Wondering when my little man will start to have memories....
ReplyDeleteThen I started trying to think of my first memory & unfortunately its not a nice one. My mum being on bed rest with a makeshift bed downstairs in the front room - years later I found out this had been as shes had a stillbirth when I around 2. The next ones though are nice ones as they are all around the birth of my brother when I was 3.... I remember going with my dad to meet him the first time & then telling my nursery teacher all about him but she couldn't understand me when I said his name..... :)
Aw I'm really sorry it wasn't a nice one, but its nice you can remember others.. Other than this is I can only remember my birthday party from being young! I got a rollerskating barbie x
DeleteTha'ts a great memory! My first is when I was 2 1/2 and my Father was in hospital after an emergency appendectomy - I remember everything - crossing the car park, sitting on his bed, talking to the nurses. I think I realised the seriousness of the situation... :)
ReplyDeleteWho, what a great memory you have! I can remember my mum and step-dads wedding day, I was 4, I was running up and down the aisle as I was meant to be staying with my nan and I wanted to be with my mum. In the end they let me stand in the middle of them both :0)
ReplyDelete